Moon Area Band Parent Organization Meeting
December 15, 2016
Submitted by Laura A Wall, Secretary, MABPO
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 PM. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
The minutes from the November 2016 meeting have been posted. Motion to accept the minutes was made by Cindy Stathers and seconded by Denise Wolf.
Treasurer’s Report, Joe DeNardo
The Treasurer’s Report was submitted by Joe DeNardo. Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Jenn Daugherty and seconded by Andrea Ward.
President’s Comments, Sherri Von Stein
Thank You to Joe Estermyer who is working on filing tax forms for the MABPO.
Thank You – Thanks to Ron Cross, Bob Stathers, Tom Pelkington, and Joe Estermyer who came out to winterize the band trailers.
PIMBA DVDs – If you ordered please see Sherri Von Stein after the meeting for pick-up of your order.
Winter concert – 6 volunteers needed to collect donations at the upcoming concert. We currently have enough band parent volunteers but we are still looking orchestra parents. A special email will be sent out to orchestra parents to recruit help.
Alumni – Cindy Bartus –
- SCRIP – If you still need to order SCRIP gift cards for donation to the Black Friday Basket please do so immediately. A special order will be placed on Friday evening for delivery next week. The December SCRIP order deadline is Dec 9. Please order your holiday gift cards to help support the alumni organization. Please email email@example.com with questions.
- Craft ‘n Sip – The 2nd annual event was successful and a good time was had by all who attended.
- Pancake breakfast – The alumni group will be selling alumni gear, poinsettias, and miscellaneous MABPO items.
Senior Rec Pictures – Grace Cap has the pictures taken of Seniors and their families on Senior Rec night. These will be available after the meeting as well as at the concert and the pancake breakfast.
Twelve month timeline
- On the website
- Please revisit it for upcoming opportunities.
- Nominations Committee – will be forming soon – please consider offering your time
- Memory Book Committee – chaired by Grace Cap and Georganna Palmer – please consider helping out – guidance will be given
- Scholarship Committee – Sherri Von Stein, Laura Wall, Cindy Stathers, and Carla Collier have volunteered for this committee.
- Executive Board positions – please take a look at the responsibilities and consider volunteering
Calendar of Events
Please see calendar on website for a complete and current listing of important events. If you have not done so already, please sync your calendar with the band/orchestra Google calendar.
Band Director’s Comments, Mr. Nick Barthen
- Thank you to all of the helpers at the PMEA Jazz events last weekend. It was a very successful weekend.
- Dec 16 – Winterguard rehearsal at MAMS Aux gym
- Dec 18 – Pancake Breakfast & Cookie Walk – come early for best selection of cookies
- Dec 20 – Band - concert rehearsals
- Dec 21 – Instrumental Music concert @ 7pm, MAHS Auditorium
- Dec 29 – Winterguard – floor washing at MAHS
- January – pit orchestra will start
- Jan 17 & 19 – WACA @ Sto Rox HS
- Feb 4 – First Winterguard show at Blackhawk HS
- Feb 8-10 – District Band – 5 students from MAHS participating
Strings Director Comments, Mrs. Megan Martz
Band Stand, Jen Daugherty
- Jan 26 – PMEA District Orchestra – We will offer a pizza/candy/water concession. We will need 3 parent volunteers from 3pm until approximately 6:30pm.
Secretary, Laura Wall
Membership must be paid by the end of December to be eligible to vote in the upcoming election. If you are unsure of your status please contact Laura Wall (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joe DeNardo (email@example.com).
Treasurer, Joe DeNardo
Please see report from earlier in agenda. Specific inquiries regarding your child’s account should be directed to Treasurer@moonband.org.
Communications, Laurie Caraher
Fundraising, Georganna Palmer
- Announcements made by Sherri Von Stein/Vikki Buncie on behalf of Georganna who is ill.
- Pancake Breakfast/Cookie Walk – Dec 18 – We need items to be donated. We need more helpers to sign-up. We need more students to sign-up for shifts for which they will be given money toward individual student accounts. Student servers will be wearing plastic aprons and name tags to help make them more easily identifiable by guests. Santa will report to the event at 8am. Thank you to everyone who has already signed up or committed to donate. Student workers eat free. If the weather is bad a message will be sent out via Remind and Twitter.
- Basket raffle – Andrea Ward, chair – Please email Andrea if you have something to donate whether it is a single item or an entire basket. If you bring it Sunday please have it put together and make a list of contents.
Publicity, Grace Cap
Pancake Breakfast/Cookie Walk flyer is posted online. Please print and post everywhere. It will also be advertised in the next Allegheny West.
VP Corporate Partnership, Christianne & Andy Gribben
Next meeting is scheduled for Jan 19, 2017 @ 7PM. Closed Executive Board meeting @ 6PM to precede the Parent Meeting.
With no further comments or questions, a motion to adjourn was made by Grace Cap and Carla Collier. The meeting was adjourned at 8:07 PM.