Moon Area High School Marching Band is a state-of-the-art competitive marching band. Each year the band explores the latest trends in competitive marching band. Marching Band at Moon Area is a co-curricular activity offered for band students participating in Symphonic Band, Concert Band, and Percussion Ensemble. The marching band also serves as an outlet for students interested in the realm of state-of-the-art design, performance, social, and competitive opportunities.
The marching band performs at all varsity football games. The group also performs at competitive contests and festivals; approximately 5 contests per season. The marching band also performs various community support appearances based on need and accessibility.
Please refer to the Music Department Calendar for scheduled performances.
- Nick Barthen – Director
- Bill Redd – Assistant Director
- Alan Fear – Associate Director; Director of Percussion/Percussion Arranger
- Jenn Minamyer – Color Guard Design/Director
- Ellen Martin – Color Guard Instructor
- Abby Itsik – Wind Instructor
- Matt Diehl – Wind Instructor
- Bob Barthen – Wind Instructor
- Austin Greene – Visual Design/Program Coordinator
- Rob Traugh – Wind Arranger
- Nine time Walt Disney World Magic Music Days Participant
- WPXI/MACY’S Celebrate the Seasons Parade
- Kennywood Park Fall Fantasy Parade - Annually
- 2016 Bands of America/Music for All Eastern Regional Class 2A Champion
- 2016 Bands of America/Music for All Eastern Regional Finalist Runner-Up
- 2013, 2015 Bands of America/Music For All Eastern Regional Participant
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2016 Pennsylvania Interscholastic Marching Band Association 4A Runner-up
- 2013, 2014, 2015 Pennsylvania Interscholastic Marching Band Association 4A Third Place
- 2010, 2011 Pennsylvania Interscholastic Marching Band Association 4A Champions