Moon Area Band Parent Organization Meeting
October 18, 2018
Submitted by Shea Corsetti, Secretary MABPO
The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
The minutes from the September 2018 meeting have been posted. Motion to accept, Carla Collier, seconded by Amy Patterson.
Treasure’s Report, Vicki Hricz
Treasurer’s report given. Motion to accept, Lynne VandenBosche, seconded by Shari Ruppel.
Band Director, Nick Barthen
- We will need help with passing out plumes, pushing the pit from the middle school to the field and from the field to the high school.
- The schedule should be out Sunday night for championships.
- We have the stadium this Saturday and next Saturday, feel free to come by and watch the run through of the show either time.
- The campus is closed and there will be no admittance through Beaver Grade Rd., enter through University only. Volunteers park by the tennis courts.
BOA was successful. The kids are working well and doing good.
Football 10/19 @ home vs Woodland Hills.
Dear Lakes PIMBA 10/20. DL has a small campus. There will be a shuttle, use the shuttle.
Trunk or Treat 10/25, use the lot in front of the administration building.
Football 10/26 @ home vs West A, Senior Rec Night.
PIMBA Championships 10/27 @ Moon.
Football has a possibility of going to playoffs. If so, no Tuseday night rehearsal but there will be a short rehearsal Thursday and game Friday.
President, Andrea Ward
Thank you to all those who have signed up for PIMBA. If you have not signed up yet, please do! We need at least one person from each family to help.
We do not know the order of bands for championships. The marketplace and concessions will shut down for Moon’s performance so you should be able to see your students perform.
We have the Park N Ride off of University for PIMBA. We are still in need of parking crew please. We will not be receiving help from Pitt or RMU this year due to prior commitments.
Looking for an announcer for that night. Tim Palmer was volunteered. Still in need of a cafeteria worker, they are looking into it.
FB Group & Social Media-
- We will be adding moderators to the fb group page. Please know that if you are posting anything, you may not see it right away, until approved. All post must be positive or productive please.
- Please do not post any video at all, on any social media site until championships are over please.
Our greenery fundraiser is going on now through November 7th.
After PIMBA we will start planning our Pancake Breakfast/Cookie Walk. This is a fun event and we need lots of help.
Communications, Sarah Schmitz
Pink Out this Friday. The band kids will have pink ribbons on their uniforms.
Raffle Basket Chair, Amy Patterson
It looks like we will have about 30 baskets and 3 premium baskets at PIMBA Championships for the raffle. Thank you to everyone who donated.
Bake Sale, Georganna Palmer
Cookie drop off will be in the cafeteria Saturday morning from 9:30 to 10:00am and packaging begins right after. Help is needed to package and load up the car to transport the cookies to the field please and thank you.
Closing comments, President, Andrea Ward
Please use the shuttle at the Park N Ride for PIMBA.
Next meeting is scheduled for November 8, 2018 @ 7:00pm.
Meeting is preceded by a closed Executive Board meeting @ 6:00pm.