Moon Area Band Parent Organization Meeting
February 16, 2017
Submitted by Laura A Wall, Secretary, MABPO
The meeting was called to order at 7:04 PM. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Treasurer’s Report, Joe DeNardo
The Treasurer’s Report was submitted by Joe DeNardo. Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Denise Wolf and seconded by Lynne VandenBosche.
President’s Comments, Sherri Von Stein
The band uniforms were dry cleaned. Thank you to Denise Wolf, Cindy Stathers, Heather Park, and Sarah Schmitz for coming in to match up the parts of the uniforms.
Thank You to Grace Aldridge, Becky Ellerbusch, Ginny Kotok, and Amy Finnegan who worked the concession for the PMEA District Orchestra Festival hosted by MAHS.
Winterguard – Floor crew volunteers are needed for the upcoming shows. Please see Mr. Barthen to get a permission form. As a reminder, candygrams and concessions are available at all winterguard shows. Please see www.trwea.org for details.
Photographer – We are still in need of someone to attend events and take pictures. If we don’t get a volunteer we will not have pictures of the band/orchestra to post on the website. It is a position that could be shared. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Website – Phase 3 construction on the website will be rolled out soon. Alumni in good standing will be granted special access. The stories, etc for the alumni section will be getting updated quarterly.
Alumni – Cindy Bartus –
- SCRIP – Please continue to order gift cards. Next order deadline is Friday, March 10 for delivery at the next meeting on March 16. Please consider ordering a card to donate to the Spring Fling raffle. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Twelve month timeline
- Please revisit it for upcoming opportunities.
- Nominations Committee – Shea Corsetti, Cindy Stathers, Jamie Zelazny. Elections will be held April 18th (Tues). Nominations open after tonight’s meeting. All Executive Board positions are available for the upcoming year. To nominate yourself or someone else please email email@example.com.
- Memory Book Committee – chaired by Grace Cap and Georganna Palmer – Anyone who is willing to help is welcome. We need lots of help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarship Committee – Sherri Von Stein, Laura Wall, Cindy Stathers, and Carla Collier have volunteered for this committee. Two $500 each scholarships will be presented to graduating Seniors at the banquet in May.
Calendar of Events
Please see calendar on website for a complete and current listing of important events. If you have not done so already, please sync your calendar with the band/orchestra Google calendar.
Band Director’s Comments, Mr. Nick Barthen
- Winterguard is doing very well. They are being evaluated to be moved up from Scholastic Regional A class to Scholastic A class.
- Spring Musical – March 9-12 – The pit orchestra is busy rehearsing this very difficult music.
- Music in Our Schools Month (MIOSM) concert – Ensembles from across the district will be performing. Special guest, Steve Hawk, will be coming to play with students. Ten volunteers are needed to pass out tickets before the concert.
- PMEA Conference – April 20 – The Symphonic Band will be performing at the PMEA conference. A send off concert has been tentatively scheduled for April 12.
- Spring Band concert – May 8th
- Concert in the Park (Moon Park) – June 1st – band, orchestra, and chorus will perform
- Marching Band – Summer schedule is set and will be posted soon.
- PIMBA – Moon hosts 9/23, Championships @ Gateway 10/21
- BOA competition – Canton Regional – September 16
Strings Director Comments, Mrs. Megan Martz
Band Stand, Jen Daugherty
Nothing to report.
Secretary, Laura Wall
Nothing to report.
Treasurer, Joe DeNardo
Please see report from earlier in agenda. Specific inquiries regarding your child’s account should be directed to Treasurer@moonband.org.
Communications, Laurie Carriher
Fundraising, Georganna Palmer
- Chocolate Boutique – pick-up was Monday
- Pittsburgh Popcorn – if you have an order please see Georganna
- Chestnut Hill candles – sale going on now
- Sarris Easter candy – sale will start next week
- Newme’s pies – starting soon
- Chestnut Hill, Sarris, Newme’s deliveries are all scheduled for April 6.
Publicity, Grace Cap
Spaghetti dinner – April 23, 12pm-6pm.
VP Corporate Partnership, Christianne & Andy Gribben
Next meeting is scheduled for Mar 16, 2017 @ 7PM. Closed Executive Board meeting @ 6PM to precede the Parent Meeting.
With no further comments or questions, a motion to adjourn was made by Jamie Zelazny and seconded by Cindy Stathers. The meeting was adjourned at 8:11 PM.