Moon Area Band Parent Organization Meeting
January 19, 2017
Submitted by Laura A Wall, Secretary, MABPO
The meeting was called to order at 7:11 PM. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
The minutes from the December 2016 meeting have been posted. Motion to accept the minutes was made by Mrs. Stathers and seconded by Mrs. Cap.
Treasurer’s Report, Joe DeNardo
The Treasurer’s Report was submitted by Joe DeNardo. Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report was made by Mrs. Daugherty and seconded by Mrs. Zelazny.
President’s Comments, Sherri Von Stein
Thank You to Joe Estermyer and Joe DeNardo for preparing the tax forms for the MABPO.
Thank You to the volunteers who collected money at the winter concert.
Winterguard – Winterguard met over break to clean the performance floor used in competition. They have been practicing and preparing Mon/Fri weekly. The first competition is Feb 4th at Blackhawk HS. Student volunteers are needed for floor crew. We still need chaperones for winterguard. A final list of chaperones will be distributed.
Photographer – We are still in need of someone to attend events and take pictures. If we don’t get a volunteer we will not have pictures of the band/orchestra to post on the website. It is a position that could be shared. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Alumni – Cindy Bartus –
- SCRIP – Please continue to order gift cards. Deadlines are posted online. Please email email@example.com with questions.
Twelve month timeline
- Please revisit it for upcoming opportunities.
- Nominations Committee – Shea Corsetti, Cindy Stathers, Jamie Zelazny. Elections will be held April 18th (Tues). To nominate yourself or someone else please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memory Book Committee – chaired by Grace Cap and Georganna Palmer – please consider helping out – guidance will be given
- Scholarship Committee – Sherri Von Stein, Laura Wall, Cindy Stathers, and Carla Collier have volunteered for this committee. Two $500 each scholarships will be presented to graduating Seniors at the banquet in May.
- Executive Board positions – please take a look at the responsibilities and consider volunteering
Calendar of Events
Please see calendar on website for a complete and current listing of important events. If you have not done so already, please sync your calendar with the band/orchestra Google calendar.
Band Director’s Comments, Mr. Alan Fear on behalf of Mr. Nick Barthen
- First winterguard show Feb 4th at Blackhawk.
- 13 students are participating in WACA at Sto Rox HS.
- 5 students are participating in District Band.
- Pit orchestra has started rehearsing for the Spring Musical.
- PMEA conference info for Symphonic Band has been sent out. A send off concert has been tentatively planned for the week before.
- PMEA District Orchestra is scheduled for Jan 26, 27, 28 at Moon Area HS.
Strings Director Comments, Mrs. Megan Martz
Band Stand, Jen Daugherty
Nothing to report.
Secretary, Laura Wall
Nothing to report.
Treasurer, Joe DeNardo
Please see report from earlier in agenda. Specific inquiries regarding your child’s account should be directed to Treasurer@moonband.org.
Communications, Laurie Carriher
Fundraising, Georganna Palmer
- Pancake Breakfast/Cookie Walk – Thank you to all of the volunteers.
- List of upcoming fundraisers is online.
- Pittsburgh Popcorn is starting soon.
- Chocolate Boutique going on now and is due 1/24.
Publicity, Grace Cap
Memory Books – Pictures are needed for the memory books and year end video. We are looking for volunteers to assist in compiling the books. We will meet in February to start.
VP Corporate Partnership, Christianne & Andy Gribben
We are looking for more ways to encourage annual partnerships.
Next meeting is scheduled for Feb 16, 2017 @ 7PM. Closed Executive Board meeting @ 6PM to precede the Parent Meeting.
With no further comments or questions, a motion to adjourn was made by Mrs. Palmer and Mrs. Tessmer. The meeting was adjourned at 7:57 PM.